“Grandfather is dead.”
Numbness, then regret because I didn’t get to say goodbye. I didn’t have time to go to the farm. Time….
But the word of God says “give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Its hard to be thankful in situations like this…but let’s see..
1) I am thankful that my grandfather got to meet Matthew and they got along ‘like a house on fire’. He gave us his blessing.
2) I am thankful that my mum got to spend some time with her dad before he passed away
3) I thankful because my grandfathers sickness has brought my cousin Elizabeth and I back together after about 6 years of not talking
4) I am thankful for all the people in my life, family and friends that have been praying for my grandfather.
5) My grandfather accepted Jesus Christ as His Lord and Saviour on Thursday. He died on Saturday. He was 81 years of age. I am thankful.
‘Who am I?”.
A question that I’m sure many of us have asked ourselves. This question usually comes with the feeling of being lost and as someone who was once lost I went through the famous ‘I need to find myself’ period.
How hard can finding oneself be really?
Well, after years of searching for Mwenya, man, I got tired of looking- I must have been looking in all the wrong places and if you are like me, looking in the wrong places, chances are you won’t ‘find yourself’. I like to think that God must have gotten tired of seeing me not making any progress, so He pointed me to the right direction; He pointed me towards Him. He helped me ‘find’ Him and when I ‘found’ Him, I found the me I thought I had lost.
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart” Jeremiah 1:5. God knows me, knew me even before I existed, before even my parents met- who better than God to help me find myself?
Finding yourself, when you truly do find yourself, is a life-changing experience. My life is not the same. I am not the same me- I am a better, happier, more confident me.
So who am I?
I am a woman who has been set apart by God. I am a Divine, Inspirational, Virtuous and Anointed woman. I am a DIVA. 🙂