“Grandfather is dead.”
Numbness, then regret because I didn’t get to say goodbye. I didn’t have time to go to the farm. Time….
But the word of God says “give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Its hard to be thankful in situations like this…but let’s see..
1) I am thankful that my grandfather got to meet Matthew and they got along ‘like a house on fire’. He gave us his blessing.
2) I am thankful that my mum got to spend some time with her dad before he passed away
3) I thankful because my grandfathers sickness has brought my cousin Elizabeth and I back together after about 6 years of not talking
4) I am thankful for all the people in my life, family and friends that have been praying for my grandfather.
5) My grandfather accepted Jesus Christ as His Lord and Saviour on Thursday. He died on Saturday. He was 81 years of age. I am thankful.