I have been on this journey for just over 3 months now and along with the weight I have lost, I have noticed a lot of other chages, so thought it would be fun to categorise them into ‘Pros and Cons (if at all)’.
Pros- the positive changes that keep me going
1. My skin is glowing! My workmates keep telling me my skin is glowing and “what product are you using” or “ooh girl you must be in love!” . Anyone who knows me well knows I’m the laziest person when it comes to facial products and routines (my mum has tried and failed to get me to ‘take better care of your skin, you are a woman’.) As for the being in love part, I am very much in love….but my skin problems started around the time we met lol! My conclusion; clean eating is what has done it.
2. I look younger. Several people after seeing the photo below have commented on how young I look and one person went as far as saying I look 16!
3. I have a waist…well one you can define. Refer to above photo.
4. Boob shrinkage. If you have lived most of your life with a heavy set of these, you know what I mean.
5. Shopping has become more fun. I have been able to walk into shops and try things on with more confidence, not worrying about the stare coming from the fitting room attendant as if she’s saying “girl, who are you kidding? ‘
6. Random people at the most random of times noticing the changes my body has gone through. This morning I was beating myself up about not working hard enough…and then I hear a knock on my door and an old family friend is outside and exclaims at how I’m looking now. God knew i needed a pick-me-up.
7. The jealous stares! I don’t know what it is about females and I’m not sure if this is just a Zambian thing but women normally give each other these funny looks when they see someone looking good and I have been getting those! Hehehehehe You know you only get haters when you are doing something right (ask Jesus)
8. I’m not as moody. I have a lot to be happy about. 😀
9. Being an inspiration to others. Knowing that my journey is helping someone else is humbling and you will never know how far that text message, email, Facebook comment goes in keeping me going.
Cons- are there any?
Not that I can think of. Things such as clothes becoming loose and having to take my dresses to the tailor to be taken in every so often…well I can live with that!
CurvyFitGirl (yeah that’s me..)